In a world where money can cause strained relationships, it’s important for couples to work with their financial advisors to build and understand each other’s money mindsets.
In this episode, Katie (Kathryn) Brown, the Co-Founder and Principal at Morton Brown Family Wealth, talks about the value of approaching finances as a couple and the role financial advisors play in helping you and your significant other plan and communicate effectively. Additionally, Katie also sheds light on philanthropy as a motivator for women to be more financially conscious.
- The importance of approaching finances from a couple’s standpoint rather than just an individually
- How financial advisors often have to act as psychologists to help couples financially communicate
- The “fiscalosophy” exercise that helps couples understand each other’s money mindsets
- The value of addressing money differences in relationships
- Ways she helps couples navigate philanthropy by exploring their passions, family principles, and societal responsibilities
- And more!
- Invest In Women Ep. 10 – Estate Planning & Its Role Within Our Life Transitions with Michelle Cooper
Connect with Katie Brown:
- LinkedIn: Kathryn Brown
- Morton Brown Family Wealth
- LinkedIn: Morton Brown Family Wealth
- Facebook: Morton Brown Family Wealth
Connect with Melissa Carter:
Connect with Financial Advisor Magazine:
- LinkedIn: Financial Advisor Magazine
- Facebook: Financial Advisor Magazine
- Twitter: Financial Advisor Magazine
About Our Guest:
By striving for balance in her own life, Kathryn Brown (Katie) leads by example for everyone around her. As a married mother of two children, her drive to further her profession exists alongside her commitment to family, health, and community service.
In her role as the Co-Founder and Principal of Morton Brown Family Wealth, she is a steward of her clients’ financial lives as well as a leader for a firm that is changing the way advice is delivered in the Lehigh Valley.
After earning an Economics and Finance degree from York College, Katie’s career as a financial planner brought her to the Lehigh Valley in 2003. For 15 years, she helped to lead financial planning, operations, and compliance as a Partner at Concannon Wealth Management, later Corbenic Partners. Katie earned both her Certified Financial Planner™ and Chartered Financial Consultant™ designations, demonstrating her expertise in investments, retirement, taxation, insurance, and estate planning.
About Our Host:
Melissa Carter trains entrepreneurs, business owners, corporate execs, and home-based professionals to reach their fullest potential. Melissa has appeared on radio, television, podcasts, and in print throughout the nation, and has served as a speaker for many corporate and charitable events to discuss the benefits of using media as part of their business strategy.
As a member of morning radio shows for nearly 20 years, Melissa could be heard on 99X, Q100, and B98.5 in Atlanta. She also served as a Co-Host on Westwood One’s “Radio with a Twist.” For these media efforts, Melissa was awarded the Atlanta Dream/SunTrust Inspiring Woman Award, the HRC Community Leadership Award, and the CHRIS Kids Kyle Anderson Service to Youth Award.